I was recently on a search for some sort of case for my Kindle. I’ve been taking it to school and I hate the thought of it banging around in my school bag. I wasn’t liking the option I had found to buy something, and I knew that I could easily create something.
So I headed to Pinterest and these were a few of the Pins I saw.
I actually even attempted this last one, but I didn’t care for it. Then I was messing around saw my three main things that I keep with me every day.
It came to me, that I needed a case for all three since I carry all three with me most of the time. And I can easily transfer this to my purse from my school bag and visa versa. And I’ll know where they all are.
So I thought I would just share with you what I created. I am in no way a pro at this stuff, and you’ll see as the photos get messier that I was struggling. lol
I started with two sections of material. I cut them just a bot larger than the planner itself as that would go in the main pocket. You can get a planner like this HERE.
I then cut two pieces that same size for the inside of that pocket. I choose the grey here. I lined each of them up right sides together, and stitched ONLY along the top.
I then folded them back over, ironed them flat at the seams and then stitched the top again to finish it.
I missed a few photos, but I did similar as before. I cut two panels of the turquoise and two of the pink and stitched them rights sides together along the top. Then put them wrong sides together, ironed and stitched the tops. So when I laid them out, I have these three layers. This is going to be the front of my case.
Then I laid my phone on the front to get a feel for where that pocket would be and if I could add some spaces for pens as well.
I stitched two strips down the front (on each side of the pen) to make the pockets on this front one. I didn’t sew on the sides because when I put it all together, those will close up.
At this point, I didn’t take any more photos really. I took my other outside panel from the beginning and put them right sides – pink sides- together. I stitched all around the sides and bottom.
When I do that, I ALWAYS cut the corners to make it turn in easier. I turned it right side out and about had a heart attack. I had opened it up with the pockets on the backside and thought I did it wrong. However, before I seam ripped threw it out, I realized I just turned it wrong. Phew.
So I ended up with a super cute lil pouch set for everything I need!!
I’m super excited to be toting this baby around.
Hope you enjoyed it.
Thanks for visiting today!!